Paddle at a relaxing pace and explore the shallow, blue-green waters of the Key West backcountry from the comfort of your kayak!
Key West Kayak Rental
- Half Day
- Adult 12 years and older
- Year Round Lower Keys Resident Must provide valid ID upon arrival or be charged full price
- Child Under 12 years old
- Military Must provide relevant ID at check in
- Police/Fire/EMS Must provide relevant ID at check in
Paddle Around Key West on Your Own
Our kayak rentals are a great way to explore the calm, clear waters and mangrove creeks between Key West and Stock Island.
We’ll give you a map of the area highlighting spots that we recommend.
You can paddle over seagrass beds and explore mangrove tunnels on your own.
Bring your dog! Book your Key West kayak rental online. All pricing is per person.
Want to go full day? just book the 9:00 and 1:00. No refunds if you return early. Please note that most folks average 2 hours for rentals given the sun and heat.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 12 HOURS NOTICE FOR FULL REFUND
Kayak rentals launch and return to Lazy Dog Adventures!
You’ll explore the mangrove creeks and sea grass beds between Stock Island and Key West
We’ll give you a lesson if you need it, go over a map with you (that you take on the water) and send you on your way
The waters accessible from Lazy Dog are home to fish, birds, coral, mangroves and a whole lot more! We often see manatees right in our marina. You also have a chance to see the occasional shark or ray
Kayak rentals are suitable for all fitness levels and ages!
Weight limit is 250 lbs for a single and 500 lbs for a double (we can always turn a double into a single if needed!)
Single or double kayaks are available (prices are per person not per kayak)
You must know how to swim to participate in this and any water activity.
- Wear bathing suit or anything you don’t mind getting wet
- If sensitive to sun, bring a hat and long sleeves
- Sunscreen (we sell reef safe)
- Water (we have free filtered water, just bring a bottle! we also sell bottled water)
- There are bathrooms for use before and after you’re on the water
- We don’t have lockers. You’re welcome to leave anything you like at Lazy Dog. There’s plenty of room on the kayak for your bags, it just may get wet.