A Key West kayak rental is a great way to explore the mangrove creeks and surrounding nature. A map and lesson are included so you can explore on your own!
- Adult For parties of 9 or more please contact us
- Local / Military Must provide valid ID upon arrival
- Child Under 12 years old
Kayak Through the Key West Backcountry
Along with your experienced guide, paddle at a relaxing pace and explore the shallow, calm, blue-green waters of the backcountry of Key West.
You will glide through the winding mangrove creeks and paddle through inches of water, where you can easily view and learn about the geological structure of the Keys along with its inhabitants, all from the comfort of your kayak.
Your adventure will give you a chance to view the mangrove environment up close, along with its marine life including tropical fish, crabs, sea stars, jellyfish, sea cucumbers, sponges and various aquatic birds. Every trip leads us on a different adventure!
Tours run daily at 10:00 and 2:00. Dogs welcome!
Complimentary round trip transportation is available for all of our tours when booked direct with 24 hours notice. Once you book, confirmation will have details on how to arrange.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 12 HOURS NOTICE FOR FULL REFUND
- This tour launches right from Lazy Dog Adventures at Hurricane Hole Marina and returns to same location
- We’ll explore the sea grass beds and mangrove creeks and tunnels between Key West and Stock Island
On this kayak tour you can expect to see any number of sponges, tropical fish, birds, sea stars, sea cucumbers and the occasional dolphin, shark, ray and possibly manatees!
- This tour is not recommended for children under 6 years of age due to duration in sun and attention span required
- This tour is great for beginner (we’ll give you a lesson) and experienced paddlers alike
- This activity is not recommended for people with knee, shoulder or back issues
- You should be able to swim for this and any water activity
- Dogs are welcome!
- Wear bathing suit or anything you don’t mind getting wet
- If sensitive to sun, bring a hat and long sleeves
- Sunscreen (we sell reef safe)
- Water (we sell bottled water)