One of the best ways to see and enjoy the beautiful back country, mangrove habitat of the Florida Keys is to join us for a tour
2 Hour Guided Kayak Tour $40
(children 12 and under $25)
You start with a lesson (or a refresher for experienced paddlers) and then join your experienced guide on a guided tour through the calm, shallow, clear, near shore waters of Key West. You will glide through winding mangrove creeks and paddle through inches of water where you can easily view and learn about the geological structure of the Florida Keys along with its inhabitants, all from the comfort of your kayak. You’ll likely get up close with tropical fish, crabs, sea stars, jelly fish, sea cucumbers, sponges, birds, maybe even the occasional ray, nurse shark, manatee or dolphin! This fun tour has been featured in many publications including The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Rachel Ray Magazine and Dog Fancy and several books and guides.
Tour times vary by day. Call 305-295-9898 or use our easy link to inquire about the tour. Reservations required
- Great for paddlers of all levels. BEGINNERS WELCOME!
- Children welcome!
- Dogs welcome! We are pet friendly. You may even see one of our border collies hanging out.
- Bring water (we sell it if you don’t have some), sunscreen, hat and be ready to have fun!
- Wear a bathing suit or shorts you don’t mind getting wet.
- Free onsite parking, restrooms and a spot to keep your valuables.
- Complimentary transportation available for tours.
- Single or Double sit inside (river) Perception kayaks are used
- Have someone in your party that wants to try SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding)? We welcome kayakers on the paddleboard tour and paddleboarders on the kayak tour. Just let us know who’s doing what when you reserve.
4 Hour Guided Kayak/Snorkel Tour $60
Established in 1988, our Mosquito Coast tour is for serious nature lovers. This tour explores some of the more remote regions of the backcountry. Join your guide on a winding journey through the mangroves and learn about the ecological history of the Keys. This in depth look at the Florida Keys marine ecosystem includes an opportunity for backcountry snorkeling. Here you will swim over sponge beds and coral heads, and among fish, rays and sharks. Tour meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Hurricane Hole Marina (MM4) at 9:15. We then transport you to our launch site at MM17. This trip was featured on the Discovery Network!
- Meets at 9:15 at Lazy Dog at Hurricane Hole Marina. Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 9:15. Reservations required.
- Children 9 years and older are welcome. It’s not recommended for children younger than that (try our 2 hour tour instead)
- Beginners and paddlers of all levels are welcome.
- We provide snack, water and a dry bag if you’d like to bring anything else. Wear your bathing suit and bring sunscreen.
- We provide mask and snorkel. You’re welcome to bring your own but leave the fins behind (water is very shallow).
- Tour is approximately 3 1/2 hours or so of paddling and about 30 mins or so of back country snorkeling over sea grass beds and solution holes.
- Complimentary transportation to/from your hotel available. But also plenty of free parking.
- Single and double kayaks available.
- This trip is not suitable for your four legged pal but feel free to bring your dog on our 2 hour tours or rentals.
Rentals: Half Day $25 / Full Day $75
Enjoy the waters of Key West on your own. We will supply you with a map of the calm, near shore water and places to explore such as mangrove creeks and canals. We’re open 365 days a year! No reservations for rentals, it’s first come, first served and we usually have plenty.
- Half Day rentals are for up to 4 hours.
- Free onsite parking
- Our sit inside (river) single and double kayaks have plenty of room for you to bring a cooler.
- Free lesson for beginners
VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE AND GET YOUR LAZY DOG KAYAK GUIDES SHIRT!
You have a special occasion to celebrate? A school group? Private tours available. contact firstname.lastname@example.org